Saturday, April 27, 2024

safe

Hey
Did you get enough to eat?
Hey
Did you get a treat?
Hey 
Did you have a pretty normal day?
Well that's ok

Hey
Did your city just get bombed?
Hey
Did you pay for someone's wrongs?
Hey
Are you safe at home tonight?
Well that's alright

When you lay your head down safe
Do you remember to take time to pray
For everyone that's not ok
For all those who can't go home?

When you snuggle in your bed
Do you remember those who've fled 
From what they've always known?
That can never go home?

Did they tell you it's ok
Too do things their way
Did they tell you that you're safe
As long as you play the game

Jesus christ 
Are you coming or what
Is this your fight
Or is it all or fault
Jesus christ
When will you make your debut
We've prayed,  we've titled
Are you gonna come through

Is it ok if she just cries 
She doesn't understand all the whys 
She's just hanging on to her life
With no answers or reason

I guess as long as your wifi works
Your work and hobbies will come first
It's not like they're killing neighbor kids
Keep on scrolling shorty video

What can I do,  little one
What can I do,  orphaned son 
What can I do to give you the peace that you should have

What can I do,  my sister
What can I do,  old mister
What can I do to return the life that you lived 


No comments:

Post a Comment