Friday, May 30, 2025

bff 2

​​@Vanneelyvlogs ​@Vanneelyvlogs   I haven't been out there since 2018 (i think)

My bff lived near Griffith Park.

I hiked my chubby,  little,  hobbit ass up that whole thing - while he pranced in front of me like Pan himself (all 145 of his 6'2" hyper,  skinny body)

I almost died.   But I made it.   All the way to the observatory.  

I was pretty furious when i saw most people drive up the other side.   But,  whatever.

After a bit,  he had me go straight down through the brush.   I think there was some house that was in AHS, or Stranger Things or something he wanted me to see.

We went to where you could kind of see it,  and then my beloved BFF decides we're just gonna go straight down from there.

About halfway,  i realize that this is where people get killed by mountain lions,  rattlesnakes,  weirdos...

I decide that i should just keep my little hobbit shuffle going with no such worries in my heart.

We get to the bottom,  he says, "I'm really impressed!  I can't believe you did all that!"

My skin is already burnt.   I had just gotten in from January in Ohio like,  2 1/2, 3 hours before.   I haven't seen the sun since at least September.

Another aside, if you'll grant me:
He picked me up at the airport around 6:30/7 that morning.   We hadn't seen each other in quite a long time.  

As requested,  he took me straight to the beach.   When we got settled,  watching the ocean (my first time back to the pacific since i was a little kid) he handed me my first,  medical grade,  legal joint.

I lit it,  coughed,  took another hit - passed it to David.   He hit it,  handed it back - I hit it again...
We watched the ocean quietly for years.   We were so happy to be with each other again.  

At any rate,  i was definitely stoned.

Some things never change...

Anyways,  that was almost the last time i was out there.

I haven't seen much of what's happened since the fires,  or the homeless crises.

I'll be sure to check out more of your work

No comments:

Post a Comment