Nevertheless, I sat down to it tonight, and played after a long dry spell. I had beethoven's sonatas and chopin's nocturnes on the desk.
I played the first two pages of Ludwigs opus 14 no. 2. It was good. Then I flipped randomly and sight read some movement of some sonata I'd never heard. Then, I tried to get into chopin, but I just couldn't get into the nocturnes. In my head, I was looking for his raindrops prelude. I didn't have the music for it.
I got up for a bit. Came back and played debussey's first arabesque. Got up again, and printed out the raindrop prelude.
When I played it, it was probably better than I felt like it was. I couldn't remember the key signature. I over thought everything. Fuck.
I got up. I came back, I played it again. Still not completely happy.
I started beethoven's pathetique 1st mvt. I did ok.
But then, I kept thinking the key signature was the same as the raindrop. It's not.
Fuck.
Fuck.
Fuck.
No comments:
Post a Comment